Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today is the Day!

1:30 PM - Court time! It should be quick and simple, a matter of holding up my right hand and answering a few yes or no questions. Amazing how quick and easy it actually is to unravel the last 13 years of my life (6 of my marriage), to pluck me out of my current reality and into a different story ending.


Bill came into my room the other night, crying and telling me how sad he is about moving out, how it kills him that he won't get to see the kids every night, and how much he cherishes all of the good memories we have together. So, I decided to throw him one last bone, and asked "Are you really sure you want me to go through with this on Thursday?" His response: "Well, what else?" I said "You know what else. All I'm saying is you have until 1:30 to speak now or forever hold your peace." He hugged me, and that was it. If he had begged me back at that moment would I really have avoided going to court today? Probably not. But giving him one more chance to beg makes me feel more at peace with my decision, knowing that I truly did what I could to make my marriage work for my children's sake.



Now it's time to gain back my dignity, and find a better life!


No comments:

Post a Comment