Monday, July 26, 2010

It's the End of the World As I Know It...

August 12th.  Just another summer day for most, but a life-changing day for myself and my children - the day of my divorce hearing, the day it will be final, the day I become - what?  Free? Unhinged?  There are so many emotions swirling within me right now, but the most prominent thought repeatedly pushing its way to the front of my mind is "It's the end of the world as I know it."  Truly.

Fortunately, I have some great friends who are going to go out on the town with me that night to celebrate my "new beginning" - in other words, they will be working very hard to keep me from breaking down.

The divorce process has been quite simple, actually.  I met with a lawyer, we decided on divorce terms, my husband was served and did not put up a fight, and here we are two months later, about to make it final.  He is moving out September 1st, a date I am looking forward to and dreading at the same time.  My children still know nothing, and just the thought of having the conversation with my four year old about why daddy is moving out chokes me up.

On another note, I am starting to get excited about dating again, and although I haven't really jumped back into the water just yet, I did have a hot make-out session with a guy the day after my husband and I signed our divorce papers.  As for my ex-boyfriend, I found out he has a new girlfriend (sigh... shattered dreams).  

Send a prayer my way, or words of encouragement if you're up for it... I am in need of support everywhere I can get it, including from my on-line friends:)




No comments:

Post a Comment