Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dreams

You might expect a post titled "dreams" to explain with exuberant optimism how I am going to pick up the pieces and create a bright new future for myself.  Unfortunately, I have not yet figured that out.  

I have, however, been having haunting dreams about my ex-boyfriend, the one who got away.  In every one of them, we want to be together and discover the timing isn't right (in one dream he had just gotten someone pregnant - as if I need that kind of added drama in my life right now!).  So discouraging...

I wonder how long it takes those who have been betrayed to pick up the pieces and move on, and if it is typical to dream of the comfort of those who have been in your life in the past.  Although I am still struck by moments of sadness and shattered dreams, there is a tiny flame of hope inside me growing bigger each day - a feeling of excitement that I really could meet Mr. Right someday.  I have visions of us swinging on a porch swing, wiping our wind-blown gray hair out of our eyes.  Someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment