Saturday, December 10, 2011

Back to Life

Wow, I can't believe I have let almost this entire year pass without posting an update! So much has happened! First and foremost, an on-line dating update: I went on dates with five or six different men from e-harmony after my last post, and none of them were what I was looking for. The dates were okay - it was nice to get out and enjoy a nice meal and conversation with someone new - but not worth pursuing anything more than a date or two in the end. I never really put much faith into on-line dating, and I'm not sure I would ever do it again. Too much hassle, too many frogs, too much money...

Luckily, I met a great guy through a friend of mine, and we've been dating since July! Within a week or two of meeting him, I closed my e-harmony account - not because I was immediately convinced he was "the one" or anything, but because I realized the two of us were way more compatible than anyone I had met on-line. I decided early on that if things didn't work out with him, I would rather rely on set-ups through friends or family than the computerized version of the search for love.

Mr. Great Guy is also divorced, has two kids, and has an ex-wife who cheated on him. It has been so much fun getting to know him and so comforting to be able to talk to someone who understands me, because he has gone through the same kind of pain. Was his ex-wife the female version of Tiger Woods? No. But she married the man she cheated with, and they now have a baby together. As fate would have it, she and I both attended the same concert a few weeks ago. I haven't met her yet, but if I would have run into her that night, I would have thanked her for letting go of Mr. Great Guy, because her loss has been my gain.

So how is Tiger (oh, excuse me, I mean Bill), you ask? Still dating multiple women, probably at the same time, as far as I can tell from his facebook updates. My anger has turned into pity for him, because I know he will never find a true, honest, loving relationship, and that all the sex in the world will not fill up his soul.

As for me, I have moved on, and I am not looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment