Wednesday, July 22, 2009

To all the cheaters out there...

and wow, statistics say there really are a lot of you!  I would love to hear your comments on the questions I am about to post.  

1.  Did you take your wedding vows knowing that you would likely cheat one day, or did you at one point in your life think cheating was something you'd never do?
2.  If you are a "serial cheater," why not just end your marriage and live the single life?  Or talk to your husband/wife about having an open marriage?  Why all the deception? 
3.  Do you think about the consequences of your cheating, or just tell yourself you'll never get caught so it doesn't matter?  One of the biggest problems I had with my husband cheating is knowing that he was willing to risk his family for a few nights of self-indulgence.  When we sat down and had the conversation of what his life would really be like without me and the kids, he admitted he hadn't really thought about it.  He was caught up in the fantasy.  The reality of a life with Tramp would not have lived up to the fantasy.
4.  Do you / did you use protection?  My husband did not.
5.  How would you react if you discovered your spouse was cheating on you?  

I sometimes still feel like a fool for not leaving yet.  The wool could get pulled over my eyes very easily once again:  maybe it's already there.  If my husband cheats again there is a good chance I might not find out, since he has become wise to my now-investigative ways.  So yes, I understand that for him, and for many of you, cheating is like "having your cake and eating it too."  What I do not understand is why it is worth the risk and why you would not just end things with your spouse so that he/she could have a new chance at finding love and happiness.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment