Friday, February 4, 2011

35 days into the New Year...

You'll be happy to hear I am no longer sitting on the couch in my pajamas. In fact, almost immediately after writing my last post, I joined e-harmony! No more feeling sorry for myself. Time to move on. Never in my lifetime did I think I would ever join an online dating website, but really, where am I supposed to meet a fine young gentleman as a single mom of two young children? At the grocery store? Sure, I can picture it now... our eyes meet, my heart flutters, and then my son pees his pants and my daughter throws a cookie. Yes, I make a great first impression! Ha ha!

Anyway, my e-harmony subscription has led to four dates so far (with two different men). Both are six years older than me, since the men my age apparently go for women under 30 (I'm 32). I gave the first guy a second date out of pity, and the idea that sometimes it takes time to build chemistry. Needless to say, that did not happen. The second guy has possible potential, so we'll see what happens...

What else have I done with my New Year? Well, I gave up pop and chocolate, which is an impressive feat since I've been addicted to chocolate pretty much since I was born. Also, like everyone else, I'm on a mission to lose 10 pounds, so this week I started the "Cinch" diet, which meant all I could eat for five days was a combination of raspberries, yogurt, eggs, almonds, and spinach. Yum (note sarcasm).

As far as my ex... not missing him at all.

Here's to 2011! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment